The University of Bridgeport’s International Festival, which for nearly four decades has enriched the community with a potpourri of cultural events and delicious food, will run Monday, April 8 through April 13.
This year’s menu of events includes art and photography exhibits, a timely lecture on the economic crisis in the European Union, fashion showsâand lots of delectable food that has turned the weeklong cultural celebration into a must-attend event.
“This is the 37th year we’ve hosted International Festival, and each year there are unique opportunities to learn more about the world,” said Dean of Students Edina Oestreicher. “As we do every year, we encourage the community to stop by and experience something fun and different.”
Most events are free and include:
- “Universal Expose,” art exhibit, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday, April 8, Cox Student Center. Free.
- “Weddings from Around the World,” 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday, April 9, North Hall Lobby. Free.
- “Taste of the World,” food extravaganza, 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 10 in the Ped Mall. Free.
- “Is There a Future for the Eurozone in the Wake of Economic Crisis in the EU?” 6 p.m., Tower Room, Arnold Bernhard Center. Free.
- “Inter-fashionable Affairs” shows of clothing from around the world, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., Thursday, April 11, Cox Student Center. Free.
- “Cultural Corner,” 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, April 12, Schelfhaudt Gallery in the Arnold Bernhard Center. Free.
- “International Festival” show, 7 p.m to 10:30 p.m., Saturday, April 13, Arnold Bernhard Center. Advanced tickets: $5 UB students, $7 staff and faculty, $10 guests. At the door: $7 UB students, $10 staff and faculty, $12 guests.
Media contact: Leslie Geary, (203) 576-4625, email@example.com